EyeMo has been a brand close to me. I have been a contact lens wearer since I was 16 and one of the side effects of using contact lenses for long hours in a day is you get dry eyes. So, EyeMo (the blue one) was pretty much my eyes’ best friend. I always keep one bottle in my purse, wherever I go.
This year, EyeMo is making a comeback with a stronger banner in hand: to help Filipinos become more aware of the 5 signs of eye irritation or EYEritation.
EyeMo aims to educate Filipinos and call importance to proper eye care, which a lot of the time is taken for granted. Here are the Top 5 signs of EYEritation:
- Red Eyes – This condition is usually caused by allergy, dirt, pollution, smoke or common eye infections which are the most common among people who have high exposure to outdoor activities such as motorcycle riders and commuters.
- Watery Eyes – Excessive tearing that is not caused by normal crying may be a sign of an underlying health condition. When too many tears are being secreted, it is often because of irritation or inflammation of the surface of the eye that can be caused by external elements as well.
- Sore Eyes – This is usually caused by staring into a computer screen or a book for too long.
- Itchy Eyes – Itchy eyes are often caused by allergies. It can also occur when there is constant exposure to household elements such as mold and dust. Also, as much as you want to do it, rubbing your itchy eyes won’t help.
- Dry Eyes – This condition is common for people who have high exposure to gadgets, TVs, laptops and those working in air-conditioned rooms. Lack of tears or moisture in the eyes is also common as we age.
EyeMo comes in two variants, Eye Mo Red Eyes Formula and Eye Mo Moisturizing Formula. EyeMo Red Eyes Formula contains Tetrahydrozoline HCl for quick relief of eye redness and minor discomforts caused by irritants. On the other hand, Eye Mo Moisturizing Formula contains Hypromellose which lubricates and soothes the eyes, easing it from eye strain and dryness.
Eye Mo is now owned and manufactured by Combiphar Group of Companies, a leading
multinational Indonesia-based consumer healthcare company, and distributed by LF Asia