I love having French toast with tea on cool -ber month mornings. Today I am sharing with you my simple French toast recipe. 🙂
- 2-3 large eggs
- dash salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 slices white bread, then sliced in triangular half (so that makes 8 pieces of bread)
- Hershey’s caramel syrup
- butter (optional)
- Break eggs into a wide bowl and beat lightly. Stir in sugar, salt, and milk.
- Place the bread slices, one at a time, into the bowl or plate, letting slices soak up egg mixture for a few seconds.
- Turn to coat the other side.
- Over medium-low heat pan, transfer bread slices to pan and heat slowly until bottom is golden brown.
- Turn and brown the other side.
- Top with white sugar and drizzle in caramel syrup.
I find this recipe perfect with Stash’s Spice Dragon Red Chai Tea. The hint of cinnamon in my tea perfectly complements my caramel French toast, which takes me back to cool December mornings abroad.
Let me know when you’ve tried this recipe with my favorite tea. Bisous! ❤
Let me know what you think through the comment box below. Follow me on Twitter for more day to day updates.