I have been a fan of lipbalms since forever. I remember collecting Lip Smackers long before Lip Smacker was available in the country. When I was young, all that ever mattered to my lip balms are the colors and the flavors. I really didn’t care about the lasting power, SPFs, etc.
Carmex was nice enough to send me products a couple of months ago and since then, it has been the staple brand of lip balm in my purse. I simply love the minty feel after every application.
Now, over the weekend, I was able to take advantage of Beauty Bar’s balm swap and so I got my first Burt’s Bees Beeswax stick. Having tested these two brands, here’s the comparison:
- Burt’s Bees is 100% natural
- Carmex has SPF15
- Burt’s Bees has a more matte finish, Carmex has a low sheen finish when applied
- Burt’s Bees balm’s minty feel is stronger and lasts longer than Carmex
- Burt’s Bees has a stickier feel when applied on lips while Carmex is creamier and more glide-able. Therefore I like the texture of Carmex more
- Carmex has a longer staying power and I like the scent better
- Both are good for dried lips, but Carmex works better for chapped lips
- Burt’s Bees is sold at Php 325.00 while you can get Carmex for only Php109.75
How about you? Have you tried these two brands? Which do you like better?
Let me know through the comments box below.🙂